- Put an alert in your calendar as soon as they announce the BrightonSEO ticket release date. The ballot system does offer more chance for people to get tickets but if you miss the window to register you may miss the boat!
- Plan ahead! The event schedule is released closer to the time but it’s worthwhile downloading the BrightonSEO app to create an itinerary of the day. This ensures you’re not frantically scanning the paper schedule on the day when you’re not sure where you’re supposed to be.
- Unless you’re planning on spending all day in the main auditorium (which seats 4,000) you should aim to get to smaller rooms early. Seats will fill up quickly and standing room is limited in the smaller syndicate rooms.
- Although it’s great to listen to talks that are relevant to your discipline, it is worth using BrightonSEO as a chance to learn more about different aspects of SEO. If you’re a content writer, head into a strategy session or nip into a technical talk to get more of an understanding about how it all joins up. Even if you don’t understand the majority of the talks, the words you scribble down in your notebook will prompt you to find out more when you’re back in the office.
- Don’t assume that all of the vendors will be going in for a sales pitch. A lot of the sponsors are there to offer advice and demos of their tools so a quick 5-minute chat could be beneficial to your business. Plus, the BrightonSEO swag is legendary. T-shirts, socks, ice lollies and even free beers – leave room in your suitcase!
- Scribbling down a few keywords or the name of tools is definitely advised but don’t worry about writing down every little thing that’s said in the talks. All of the speakers share their slides after the event, so you can go back and revisit all of the ones of interest.
- Make the most of the setting! Brighton is a beautiful place to explore and during BrightonSEO you’re surrounded by like-minded people looking to network and learn.
- Grab a beer in a bar by the pier, join in conversations and take advantage of all of the planned activities and events.